The Center for Teaching and Learning at Queens College is sponsoring an event during Open Access Week. If you’d like to learn more about open access, this talk is for you! We will cover:
– The benefits of open access publishing
– Authors’ rights
– Green open access (self-archiving on the web)
– Gold open access (open access journals)
– Evaluating potential publishers
– Resources at QC to help you learn more about open access.
Nancy Foasberg, Humanities Librarian, Benjamin Rosenthal Library
Kelly Blanchat, Electronic Resources Librarian, Benjamin Rosenthal Library
Date: Monday, October 21, 2013
Location: Razran Hall Room 360, Queens College
Light refreshments will be served.
Please help us plan the event by registering here.
For more information, visit the CTL website.
This workshop is being offered as a part of Open Access Week (October 21-27, 2013). For more information about the problems with traditional journal publishing and the promise of open access publishing, and to learn about Open Access Week events across CUNY, visit http://openaccess.commons.gc.cuny.edu/.